The Gold and Jewellery Group offers a number of benefits to its members. We are an influential trade body with over 600 members representing the entire gamut of gold and jewellery related business in Dubai.
Major membership benefits include:
- Participation in all group’s retail promotions
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Retail gold price/gold checks
- Wholesaler benefits
- Lobbying with the Government
Participation in Retail Promotions
The Group organizes retail promotions for the Dubai Shopping Festival, Eid in Dubai, Do More in Dubai & Dubai Summer Surprises. The Group publicizes these promotions through advertising in newspapers, magazines, radio, outdoor advertising, in addition to public relations to help retailers to attract large number of consumers into their stores. Retailers can be a part of these promotions without any hassles and benefit from the promotion if they are a member of the group.
Meeting and Conference Facilities
The Group offers state of the art conference/meeting room facilities to its members at nominal rates.
Retail Gold Price/Gold Checks
- The group helps maintain standard gold retail price which ensure customer confidence.
- Member outlets can buy sign boards to display daily prices at their outlets at a nominal fee.
- The Group offers gold and platinum testing an in house X-ray florescence jewellery/metal analyzer which is absolutely free of charge to our members.
Lobbying with the Government
The Group represents the trade by lobbying with the Department of Commerce Marketing (DTCM), UAE Ministry of Foreign Trade (MoFT), Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE), Department of Criminal Investigation, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI), Dubai Municipality and Dubai Customs etc. to ensure that our members receive appropriate support and assistance from the group for better hearing of their concerns and to have them addressed by various government organizations.
Other Value Added Services
- The Group organizes training and development programs by renowned trainers and international organizations like the IGI and HRD.
- The Group publishes a quarterly newsletter to update the trade on the latest developments.
- The Group participates in international trade shows to promote Dubai’s gold and jewellery industry. Members receive special rates for exhibiting.
- The Group organizes large number of buyer delegation programs to almost all leading trade fairs across the globe. Members could benefit from our special arrangements with the show organizers to get free hotel accommodation on the show dates and free business class air tickets to some of these shows.
- The Group holds annual City of Gold Conference to give its members the opportunity to interact with international experts in the industry and related sectors.
- The group also has a tie-up with Du Telecom to offer preferential calling plan for our members and staff
- The group has tied up with Jet Airways to provide discounts to our members and staff.
- We have tied up insurance brokers to provide health insurance plan for our members and their staff at the competitive rate.
- The Group initiates efforts in settling disputes within the trade through fair arbitration.
- The group assists trade members to approach government entities to solve any issues to related to the trade.
- Whenever the group receives a notification on any theft or fraudulent transaction in the market; we promptly send out an alert to the trade for them to be vigilant on the same.