Dubai, known as ‘The City of Gold’ has had a long history with gold and jewellery, starting with its status as a major trading port in the 19th century. Dubai’s association with the yellow metal is legendary. Right from the time it was a pearl fishing town to the glitzy commercial hub that it has become today, the lure of its gold trade has grown gradually. Dubai’s famous Gold Souk, one of the largest retail gold markets in the world, started in the 1900′s with just a handful of retailers, grew substantially in the following decades. This emirate imports hundreds of tons of gold every year which has made Dubai as the regional Gold hub and largest Gold trading centre in the entire Middle East. Through its tag line – ‘Quality Jewellery at world’s best price’ and various promotional initiatives both locally and internationally, the Group has helped in branding Dubai as the “City of Gold” and the “Jewellery Destination of the World”
Jewellery in Dubai is best known for:
- Purity: Gold Jewellery sold in Dubai is of the best purity, which is ensured by The Dubai Central Laboratories Department through strict regulatory measures. ‘Bareeq’ which is a voluntary quality management system and certification scheme implemented by the Central Laboratories Department for jewellery shops, has largely helped to promote and give formal recognition to jewellery shops that meets the good practice criteria for jewellery trading. The criteria ensures the quality of the products and services that are offered by the shop and gives assurance and confidence to the buyers
- Variety: There are approximately 180 nationalities living in Dubai and there is jewellery catering to almost all the tastes – Arabic, Asian, Western, European, etc
- Price: The price of gold jewellery in Dubai is most competitive & lowest due to the sheer volumes of the business and ever low mark up
- Under the local law it is mandatory for gold Jewellery sold in Dubai to carry the gold purity hallmark. Your Jeweler will be happy to show you the same
- Ensure that you collect the invoice with the description of the Jewellery purchased as you might require it at the airport.
- Please ask for the certificate of Authenticity when buying diamond and gemstone studded Jewellery.